The Sigma Xi Book Award
Granted by the Sigma Xi Society and is given to the senior or seniors who have demonstrated outstanding research ability and clear writing in the senior thesis.
- Joyce Luo - "Equitable Data-Driven Resource Allocation to Fight the Opioid Epidemic: A Mixed-Integer Optimization Approach" Advised by Bartolomeo Stellato
- Rachel Roesch - "Sustainable Ways to be Sustainable: Analyzing U.S. Traffic Data to Determine the Long-Term Impact Work From Home Options Can Have on Carbon Emissions" Advised by Miklos Racz
S. S. Wilks Memorial Prize
Awarded to a graduating senior(s) who has written the best thesis on “Statistics and its applications to solving societal problems".
- Jack Roberts - "Does the House Always Win? Using Machine Learning to Identify Profitable Opportunities in Sports Wagering" Advised by Jianqing Fan
- Serena Ren - "Automating Art Appraisals: Machine Learning for Art Valuation" Advised by Miklos Racz
The Procter and Gamble Prize
Awarded to a graduating senior(s) who has written the best thesis in operations research or finance.
- Mitchell Stroebell - "How Advanced are Advanced Stats? A Comparison of Advanced Player Statistics for NBA Competition" Advised by Alain Kornhauser
The Eric F. S. Pai ‘83 Prize
Awarded to a graduating senior(s) who has written the best thesis in finance.
Admiral W. Mack Angus Memorial Prize
Given in recognition to one or more students who, through their senior thesis research, summer internships or extracurricular activities, made significant contributions to society.
- Caroline Noonan - "The Impact of Carbon Price on Power Plant Dispatch, Production Costs, and Total Emissions" Advised by René Carmona
- Isabelle Grosgogeat - "SHOW ME THE MONEY: AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF WOMEN AND MINORITY OWNERSHIP ON PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDRAISING PERFORMANCE" Advised by Ludovic Tangpi
Ahmet S. Çakmak Prize
Awarded to senior(s) for innovative research and an exceptional senior thesis.
- Wesley Domsalla - "Exploding and Vanishing Gradients in High-Channel Convolutional Neural Networks" Advised by Boris Hanin
Kenneth H. Condit ‛13 Prize
Awarded to a senior(s) who have demonstrated leadership through academic achievement and community service.
- Andre Yin - "Constructing Equity Trading Strategies Based on Macroeconomic Event Analysis" Advised by Jianqing Fan
The Frank Castellana Prize
Established in 1999, the prize is awarded to senior(s) for outstanding scholarship and academic achievement.
- Hari Ramakrishnan - "Lighting Up Dark Pools" Advised by Ronnie Sircar
- Ethan Seide - "Microfinance Investment Funds: Attractive Investments for Profit-Oriented Strategies and Social Impact" Advised by Mete Soner