- Raymond Perkins, raymondp(@)princeton(.)edu
- Emmanuel Ekwedike, ekwedike(@)princeton(.)edu
- Writing Day - Friday 3/31/17, 1PM-5PM. Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- Writing Day - Friday 3/23/17, 1PM-5PM. Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- Writing Day - Friday 3/9/17, 1PM-5PM. Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- Writing Day - Friday 2/24/17, 1PM-5PM. Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- Writing Day - Friday 2/10/17, 1PM-5PM. Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- MATLAB Workshop - Date: 12/9/16. Location: Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
- LaTeX Workshop - Date: 11/11/16. Location: Sherrerd Hall Computer Lab.
Library/Data Workshop - Date: 10/17/16, 4:30PM-6:00PM. Location: Sherrerd Hall Rm 101.
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, Senior Thesis Prospectus
- Friday, October 15, 2016, Last day to drop ORF 478
- Monday, November 14, 2016, Fall Term Progress Report
- Monday, February 6, 2017, Deadline of the Interim Progress Report
- Monday, April 17, 2017, 4:30pm Deadline for Senior Thesis (four copies due: two hard bound, two electronic)
- Thursday, May 11, 2017, Oral Presentations
- Library Guide
- The local expert in data sets is Todd Hines (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The local expert in literature is Adriana Popescu
Funding is provided by the School of Engineering and Applied Science for theses which require financial support. Dean Bogucki will email applications in early October and February. Additional financial support is also available through the ORFE department, contact Tara Zigler with a proposal detailing the research, reason for funding, and amount requested. Common requests for funding: storage, hosting, software licenses, data, and other computing hardware.
- ORFE Senior Thesis Guide
- ORFE Senior Theses
- What Makes A Good Senior Thesis? by Ilya O. Ryzhov
- Ten Rules for Great Math Writing by D. Bertsekas
- Notes on Presenting a Paper
Journals and Books
- Journals by name
- Applied mathematics journals via MathSciNet
- Economics journals via Econlit
- Miscellaneous books and papers via Google Scholar or PU Library
- Books Princeton does not own via Borrow Direct
- Articles in a journal Princeton is not subscribed to via Interlibrary Loan
- PU Data and Statistical Services
- Genomics Data
- Bio Data
- SNP Data
- NBER Data
- Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bendheim Center for Finance - Financial Data Sources
- Yahoo Finance
- Chicago Board Options Exchange (data site)
- Federal Reserve Bank
- MATLAB workshop 2015-2016 examples
- MATLAB workshop 2012-2013 examples 1
- MATLAB workshop 2012-2013 examples 2 (importing data and construction of stochastic processes)
- MATLAB Primer (simple but concise)
- Official MATLAB Primer (search contains same help files as the built-in MATLAB)
- MATLAB Newsgroup (for the really hard questions)
- MATLAB Answers (for asking tough questions)
- R for MATLAB users (list of commands, particularly helpful if you already know R)
- MATLAB/R Reference (particularly helpful if you already know R)
- Data Analysis and Visualization Using R, an introductory R programming course
- R workshop 2012-2013 examples (prepared for ORF 245)
- R software for statistical computing
- Princeton Library Guide to R
- The Art of R Programming (detailed primer)
- R for MATLAB users (list of commands, particularly helpful if you already know MATLAB)
- MATLAB/R Reference (particularly helpful if you already know MATLAB)
- AMPL Book Examples
- FAQ's in Ampl web site
- First Chapter of the Ampl Book
- Examples on Ampl web site
- Prof. Vanderbei’s example files
Miscellaneous Statistical Software Help
- PU Data and Statistical Services for
- Engineering Statistics Handbook
- Bioinformatic Free Software
- Bioinformatic Software List
- UCLA Statistical Computing Portal
- LaTeX-Workshop Files
- LaTeX FAQ
- LaTeX Commands
- LaTeX Symbols (short list)
- The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX 2e (.pdf) (probably the best out there)
- Short Math Guide for LaTeX (.pdf)
- Math into Latex (.pdf)
- Latex Comprehensive Symbol List (.pdf)
- Looking for MiKTeX (most widely used compiler for LaTeX)?
- Looking for WinEdt ( ASCII editor) ?
- Looking for TexnicCenter ( ASCII editor) ?
- Or maybe looking for TeXShop ( the coolest ASCII editor for MAC users for which you need MacTeX)
- Looking for LaTeX Thesis Template for Undergraduate PU Students (.zip file with a sample LaTeX thesis)?
Instructions: download MiKTeX and WinEdt on your computer first and then unzip the file above into a directory. Then simply open the 'thesis.tex' from WinEdt and press the PDF TeXify icon. Quite probably you will need to install a couple more packages the first time you compile the file. Just press 'Install' or run 'install.packages("name_of_the_packet")'.
This is how the sample thesis pdf file will look like (.pdf file) after you compile it.